Tuesday, April 28, 2009

saggubiyyam /sago vada

I got this recipe from my cousin.It is very easy to make appetiser.I usually try not to make the fried foods but I think it's ok for an ocassional treat..:)
I'm sending this to the event wyf-side dish hosted by EC
Ingredients:
1 cup sago/saggubiyyam,
1 cup buttermilk /blended yogurt,
1 small onion diced,
3 green chillies diced,
1tsp cumin powder,
1tbs all purpose flour,
1tbs rice flour,
salt to taste,
oil for frying
Method:
  • Soak sago in buttermilk overnight.
  • Add the flours ,onion,chilis ,cumin and salt and mix well.If consistency is too thin vada take up more oil.
  • Heat oil in a pan and when the oil is hot drop little balls of the sago mix and fry till it is golden on all sides.
  • Serve hot or else they will be mushy.

16 comments:

EC said...

This is quite different from the recipes I have read about sago vadas..crispy vadas looks good, thanks for the entry

Vrinda said...

Never heard of this vada,looks lovely...

chef and her kitchen said...

This is almost the similar way we prepare...Love it...:)
yummy Bondas(we call it bondas)

sree said...

Thank you EC for your comments.

sree said...

Thank u Vrinda...it tastes yummy too :)

sree said...

Thank you Prathibha....Yep..name bondas makes sense...:)

ARUNA said...

wow this must have tasted soo good!!!

Smitha said...

This sounds very tasty!! Have to try it out - and I happen to have sago in my pantry too :)

sree said...

Sure give it a try....u won't regret...:)

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

Looks wonderful...
Very nice presentation

sree said...

Thank you for your sweet words

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Yummy i too do this .. lovely pic too

Parita said...

this is new to me..looks interesting :) thanks for visiting my blog:)

Deepa Hari said...

I have heard abt. this vada but never tried it....looks different from the usual...Good one.

Ann said...

I love sago vada :) yummy!

http://myerecipecorner.blogspot.com said...

I love sago vada, looks perfect. I almost forgot this recipe, thanks for sharing.