Monday, April 13, 2009

EGG fried rice (Indian style)



Every Monday I always wonder "how come the week end went so fast...???". especially after the spring break for kids I was so lazy to get into the routine ..fixing lunch boxes etc and this recipe came to my rescue.
This is a very simple recipe and you can make use of left over rice for this recipe.I usually make this when I need a quick fix for lunch boxes.I make egg fried rice both in Indian style and Chinese style ..for now this is the recipe for Indian egg fried rice.Will post the Chinese one later...:)
This is going to event for eggs hosted by Sudeshna

Ingredients:
11/2 cup cooked rice,
1 small onion diced,
2 green chillies,
1/2 cup green onion diced,
2 eggs,
1tsp ginger garlic paste,
1/2 tsp red chili powder,
1 tsp garam masala powder,
few strands of coriander
salt to taste,
1tbs oil.
for seasoning:
1tsp urad dhal,
1tsp mustard seeds,
1tsp cumin seeds/jeera,
few curry leaves
Method:
  1. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and do the seasoning adding urad dhal,mustard seeds ,cumin and curry leaves.
  2. Add green chilies,onion,green onion and saute till the onion is cooked.
  3. Add ginger garlic paste,red chili powder and garam masala and fry for 2-3 minutes.
  4. Beat the eggs and mix well(like scrambled eggs).
  5. Add the cooked rice and mix well .
  6. garnish with coriander and serve hot.

6 comments:

Saritha said...

Nice version of egg biryani.I made this few days back,will post it tomorrow.

sree said...

Thanq Varunavi

Cynthia said...

That looks like a delicious plate of fried rice and I particularly like the Indian twist you have put on it.

sree said...

Thank you for your sweet words Cynthia..:)

Deepa Hari said...

Looks simple and delicious Sree...like ur recipe.

Anonymous said...

thta's an easy ones..i'lll try it now....