Friday, March 6, 2009

Fry that fish!!!

Fish is one of my all time favorite food.As I hail from coastal region of India, like many most others there my taste buds crave for recipes like fish pulusu,fish fry ...fish in any (..may be many) forms.Even though we don't have that much selection of fish variety here I try to incorporate fish in my meal whenever possible.This fish fry is one of our family favorites(...easy to make too :) )
Ingredients:
4 thilapia fillets(cut into 4 inch pieces),
2 tsp ginger garlic paste,
1/2 tsp turmeric powder,
2tbs lemon juice,
1tsp red chili powder,
2 tsp garam masala ( I use shan fish seasoning..i use whole pack),
salt to taste,
oil for frying,
Method:
  • Mix all ingredients except oil and fish in a bowl.
  • Marinate fish for about 30 min in this mixture.
  • In a heavy bottomed skillet add oil and shallow fry fish pieces.
  • Once they are golden brown flip to other side and fry til golden brown.
  • Serve hot as appetiser or with rice.

note: If you are using shan masala note that there will be salt in it .

No comments: